Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC...Monday humor

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, jkk@adams.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC...Monday humor
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:49:31 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/24/01 8:18:13 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

> <<I a
> living when all our manufacturing jobs are
> in Mexico>>
>
> Yep, that's the not so good part of this
> financial equation, Jim. I can't help
> wondering whether this "exporting"
> of our manufacturing is such a good thing.
>
> My instinct tells me it is not, but what are
> suitable alternatives for manufacturers who must compete?

Hey..I wonder the same thing myself, but the reality is that we are a nation
of people that want to make $100,000.00 a year working in the widget factory,
but want to buy our widget three for $5 at Walmart.

Heck, Mexico is already losing some of the apparel business, and it's still
in the process of moving there.

The VW factory workers in Mexico City just got a 14% wage increase to build
the new beetle that Volkswagen cant sell in Germany because it costs so much!

Who knows...

Robert H.

74 Midget...Running!  now just the little things, adjust valves, replace air
filters, change oil, fix tach, fix speedo, fix 4-way flasher, etc, etc,
etc.....
63 TR4 up on blocks!
Too many projects, too little time.