Windscreen Rubber Seals

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Windscreen Rubber Seals
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:15:43 -0800
Listers -

A few weeks ago, there was a thread discussing Spridget windscreen rubber
seals.  I'm preparing to replace mine (cracked), and want to get the seal
question sorted out before I start.  It was told that some seals (I didn't
quite understand which) from several prominent suppliers, were 'over-size'
and could not be fitted into the frame.  Does anyone know
which?  Side?  Top?  Bottom?  A BMC or after market supplier part number
would be very helpful (I may already have bought some 'bad' seals).  Can
anyone supply me with the dimensions (cross-sectional) for the frame groove
or the correct rubber seal?  I will try to search through automotive
weather seal suppliers to find a match.  Results back to the list, of course.

regards,

Clay L.
'67 Sprite + deux chats

DISCLAIMER: JPL now requires notice in all electronic communication that
all personal and professional opinions presented herein are my own and do
not, in any way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL.