Re: As low as you can go = Primrose (pale) Yellow 2001 12:26:49 -0800

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Subject: Re: As low as you can go = Primrose (pale) Yellow 2001 12:26:49 -0800
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:52:56 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Glen-

I have a picture of the Bugeye in Primrose
Yellow (YL3) and it is as pale as can be,
as pale as the later Pale Primrose Yellow
though shades between the two may differ
slightly.

Which is why I think your bright yellow isn't Primrose Yellow or the
later Pale
Primrose Yellow, at all.

I have a feeling that "original" paint job
isn't original after all! I think the PO took
the car down to metal ("quality" respray)
and used a "later" bright yellow color,
as neither Sprite "Primrose" yellows are
bright yellows by any stretch of the
imagination.

(Which is why I mentioned the later
"Inca Yellow" (really a bright yellow as
in Canary yellow!):)

You know, I almost went Cherry Red
myself, before settling on Leaf Green
in a 2 stage. Love the Leaf Green but