HID Xenon lights

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HID Xenon lights
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 20:30:39 -0500
List

Has anyone else tried these new light bulbs?
With the help of an internet email from some company, I bought a pair of bulbs
for
my Bugeye.
I installed one and compared it against the H4 halogen that I have been using
for
years.
Much whiter light!
So both installed, I backed out of the garage, turned on the headlights, asked
my
son if the lights went, he said yes but I couldn't tell from the drivers seat.
Around the hood a few times and I will be re-installing the H4 halogens very
soon.

The bulbs may look brighter but I'll be damned if I can see anything with the
lights on! They just do not light up the road.
Of course my new HID xenon bulbs were made somewhere where they use those funky
looking chinese letters but no where on the box did it say where they were made.
Well not in english or even our regular alphabet.

So has anyone else tried these new bulbs?
Or maybe it was just too dark out tonight for the lights to make much
difference.

Yes they look much brighter coming at you but as far as lighting up the road,
Lucas originals were better.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ