Re: HID Xenon lights ??? vs halogens

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: HID Xenon lights ??? vs halogens
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:57:20 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I *think* what Frank experienced was a lack of quality in the manufacture
of the bulb. With quality lens and reflectors (like Hella, Lucas (same,
btw), Bosch, SEV, Cibie) the focal point of the filament is critical. If
the filaments are too close or too far from the optimal focal point of the
reflector, they are as bright as dash bulbs.  I've been able to see this
difference on comparing brands of bulbs on the counter.
         Frank, maybe someday I'll take a look at those bulbs and show you
what I mean.

         Peter C
==