Handbrake question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Handbrake question
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:37:42 -0500
Well, I'm in the middle of swapping the parts going from wire to steel
wheels. But I knew I would forget something. The handbrake system is
different! I can understand the lengths of the rods needing to be different,
but the mount isn't even the same on the new differential housing. Geez. How
is the handbrake trunnion supposed to mount on the axle for steel wheels? All
I see in Bentley is a diagram that matches my old wire wheel setup. (Page
191, Fig. M.4) The old housing mounts the trunnion on the bottom of the
housing near the pumpkin. The new one has a tab sticking out the back of the
housing near the left bump stop.

Help! Anybody have the parts I need to switch this?

Thanks!

Eddie
1971 Midget