what a great group

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: what a great group
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 08:34:48 -0700
    I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks for all the help and great
people on the list.

My father in law, Rick Fisk and I were able to make it to Hallett Motor
Speedway in Northern Oklahoma last Saturday to meet David Littlefield.  CVAR
was hosting a vintage race at this 1.8 mile road course.  I'll just say my
jaw dropped when I saw all the Midgets, Sprites, MGB's, Bugeye's etc running
around.   David was a great guy and very helpful during the race.  The whole
group from CVAR was great.  I met some guys that raced Formula Fords and
Formula Vee's, Lotus Super 7's (what a car!).  Everyone was willing to let
you get down and look and ask lots'a questions.

On Sunday I went down to Texas with Rick and met Brad Fornel, another great
guy as well.  Was able to get a good look at his buddies drag Sprite.  Now
that is going to be a car to watch.  If you are ever in Brad's area stop by,
if you are lucky he'll give you an original recipe of Dr Pepper..ummmm ummm
good.

With out you guys I probably would have given up on the car lost interest
etc.  But I was able to get on here ask my newbie questions that you have
probably answered 100's of times before and get good answers.  I've been on
since March of this year and I'm starting to see repeats, but I learn
something new each time.

Thanks Guys & Gals, yall's great!

Charlie Shelden
71 Midget