Thoughts from the Devils Workshop FILETIME=[F8A9C240:01C164CE]

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thoughts from the Devils Workshop FILETIME=[F8A9C240:01C164CE]
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 19:23:35 -0600
As you know, my friends, Dave and Mike are building a 62 Sprite into a
rotary powered Dragster. Between this and other acquisitions, this is
enough to keep anyone busy for awhile. Recently Dave came across a 60
Willys CJ3, it's military equivalent is the M38a. The body of this
rolling abortion has more whiskey dents than any dirt track racer would
ever take credit for. Dave has a side job lined up that will give him a
Cherokee 360 with a turbo 400 to go into this Jeep. In my usual smart
assed fashion, I glibly suggested that the body be removed, trashed and
the extra Sprite body should replace it. With a bit of rough measuring
we discovered this. Sprite wheelbase ........801/2", CJ3..............
81". Distance between wheels from inside sidewalls, Sprite.........41",
CJ3..........41". So why can't the body of the Sprite set right on top
of the CJ frame, it will be high enough that the V8 shouldn't be a real
problem. And those durn speedbumps will no longer be an issue with 24"
of ground clearance.
Mike has a myriad of pinhole rust in the floorpan of the body he is
fixing for all his parts to go into. Rather than replace the pan, he is
wire feed welding up all the holes. Most of you are wondering how to
keep the sheetmetal from blowing out, right?? BRASS   He went down to
Home Depot, purchased a brass septic cap with the square lug on top of
it and uses it as a heat sink. It makes a nice clean weld and the heat
will burn out the rust while making the
More bizarre ideas as they arrive.................. Brad