Re: Camshaft end play

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Camshaft end play
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:12:51 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi David,

The star drive will have nothing to do with end play in the camshaft.  If you
have a new cam thrust plate, I would suggest that you don't have the camshaft
gear all the way on.  This has a lip on it that will go against the camshaft.
This lip is about .003" to .007" deeper than the thrust plate is thick.  This is
what will give you the .003" to .007" end play, which is the acceptable amount.

Try tightening the camshaft gear all the way down.

Regards, Paul A