october run

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: october run
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:21:48 -0500
Hello list,  just wanted to post some pics from a local British car club run
last month.  We had a good mix of cars show up and the weather held up so
things were good.  This was about 200 miles round trip with the destination
of a wine festival in northwest New Jersey.  My sprite ran great through the
small mountains of NJ.  Only trouble I had encountered was some smoke from
under the dash due to the battery retainer bar shaking loose and shorting
the negative terminal to the heater box, I tossed the offending bar in the
trunk and continued on.  This was the longest trip since resurrecting the
car and I have no complaints.  The 1098 was close to redline at 70 mph but
hummed along nicely.  The 4.22 rear will be switched to 3.90 over the winter
so long trips will be a little more comfortable.  I can email anyone in the
area on future events if they are interested.

Dan Walters

http://members.home.net/dwalters63/stuff.html/run1.jpg
http://members.home.net/dwalters63/stuff.html/run2.jpg
http://members.home.net/dwalters63/stuff.html/run4.jpg