thermostats

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: thermostats
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 03:52:39 -0600 FILETIME=[6EF95250:01C169CD]
Hi all,

I am writing an article on thermostats for the Austin-Healey magazine.  And
I am going to let my inexperience hang out here.  I started the article
under the assumption that AH's all had the typical pellet type of
thermostat.  I was wrong, does anyone know how many of the Austin engines
used in Austins used the bellows thermostat?

I am also writing concerning removing the thermostat entirely or leaving it
in.  Any information on this would be appreciated.  Everything I have found
has been against it except Mike Mclean's sprite using a special coolant.  I
want to balance the article, so why take the thing out?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Matt