Re: mechanical brake switch and release bearing

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: mechanical brake switch and release bearing
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:23:07 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert Duquette wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Does anyone know if a mechanical switch will function properly with an older
> brake pedal?  The pedal box that was transplanted in, does have the threaded
> hole to accept it,

Robert

There is a jap (metric) plastic mechanical switch that works well and cost only
couple bucks. You do have to kind of force it in to cut the treads but it works.
Only I do not know which jap car the switch is from. I think Subaru but not
sure.
Just go down to the auto store and ask to see book on BL switches,
The metric threads are somewhere in the 9-10 mm range (fine)
The pedal box is 3/8 x 24 thread,
Remember, out is on.
--

Frank Clarici