Shot peening, anyone?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Shot peening, anyone?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:51:23 -0600
Last night I polished and balanced my rods.  In the absence of an accessible
shop that offers shot peening, I was guided to a glass beading cabinet and
told to bead the hell out of them and it would be almost the same.  After a
while of doing this, I started to run out of teen age girls to think about
and my thoughts wandered to the theme of metullurgy.  My breathing slowed to
normal and I muttered to myself:  "Is it illegal to peen in public?"  "How
many shots can I peen in a row and still drive myself home?  And then I cam
to "How does peening strengthen a rod?"

That's when I thought of you guys!  And I am looking for a serious answer
here, despite my introductory free association. ;-)

--JohnD