Re: Oil Drain Plug Washers

To: "chuck" <chuckc@attglobal.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Drain Plug Washers
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:58:56 -0500
ok, first try a general automotive supply store/shop.  they were in plastic
trays assorted by size in shops i worked in and bought from.  secondly!  in
places like autozone and their clones there is a parts line called "HELP".
all their parts are carded blister packs with red colored packaging.  you
will find an entire aisle of their stuff!  you will find rubber vaccume
caps, oil drain waashers in nylon and copper in silly assortments.  you
might try that as a last ditch effort for finding drain plug sealing
nirvana!   i do not like the crush (spark plug looking type) type caskets as
they tend to get welded to the drain plug upon tightening.  they do their
job! but realistically only once.   copper gaskets are some times used by
the speedy jiffy lube places too!  i saw one place that had a complete
plastic bin assortment of copper washers and nylon washers and replacement
drain plugs too!   if you strike theright conversation with the "in charge
dude" you might be able to buy one or two for a reasonable price from a shop
like that.   tell them it is for ax exotic car and they probanly will not be
too put off by the fact that they are loosing the "lube" job and more
relieved you are not making them responsible for the job!

chuck.
do not discount the red fiber washers that appear like banjo fitting washers
used on fuel systems!  they work too!...c.  :)