Re: (no subject)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:08:25 -0500
Cc: @LOCALHOST.toplinks.com
Thanks for the comment!

It's actually a respray from about 12 years ago (found the PO's paint brochure
in the glovebox), some sort of metallic blue. It lost it's metallic sheen some
time ago. After sitting outside for most of those 12 years, the paint is
flaking off (look on the rear wheel arch in the pictures on page 1 on the
site). The original color looks to be Inca Yellow. Interestingly, the '76 shell
also was a shade of yellow, and was repainted on something resemblung BRG at
some point.

I actually like the yellow on the car, and I think I will paint it a nice,
bright yellow.

For the winter, I have the bonnet, front wings, replacement doors, and
replacement boot lid in my basement, undergoing stripping and sanding. Found a
bunch of Bondo on the left front wing, and on one of the replacement doors,
which was from a 60's Sprite (no side impact reinforcement) The door has no
rust, but an ugly looking welded repair of a previous rust hole. The other door
is from an early 70's midget, and has one small rust bubble in the lower rear
corner. Both of them are a darn sight better than the doors currently on the
car, which are bubbled all through the bottom.

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu

From PilotRob at webtv.net (Robert E. Shlafer)
Date:  Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:36:43 -0500 (EST)