Re: fuel tank pick up filter

To: shelden3@pldi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel tank pick up filter
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:47:03 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2001 11:35:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shelden3@pldi.net writes:

> Any reason
> I can't just break it off in there and remove it?  I have no option really.
> Anyone know how far above the bottom of the tank the pick up tube is?  What
> have others done?

Charlie:

On the advice of an experienced British mechanic, I took a long screwdriver
and punched nice holes in the screen so the fuel would flow well.  If you do
that, be sure to put an inline gas filter PRIOR TO the fuel pump--no big
deal.  And change it regularly and frequently.

--David C.