Parts Cleaning-minimal LBC content FILETIME=[8EA0AFD0:01C16EA1]

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Cleaning-minimal LBC content FILETIME=[8EA0AFD0:01C16EA1]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:35:04 -0600
I was at a swap meet in Arlington this weekend (the same one you had
gone to Rick) and found a PMD hubcap for a GTO for a buck. It had been
price marked with a wide piece of masking tape that had aged and stuck
firmly to the plastic center. How to get it off without harming the
clear, unscathed center was the problem. I tried Formula 409 and some
other non abrasive cleaners from under the sink, nothing was helping. Up
over the sink was my Fast Orange, hmmmm. A little light scrubbing,
nothing. I KNOW this stuff is good, so, I put a kinda thick layer of
Fast O on the tape residue and left it overnight. I just got up and
noticed that all the moisture of the Fast O was gone. I took my thumb
and rubbed the residue, AND THE TAPE IS GONE!!!  Nice, clean, shiny
center. Now to put it on the chrome areas..............
LBC Content, those who buy plastic Spridget parts at swap meets that
have been marked with similar tape, now you have a way to try to get the
tape off without resorting to plastic damaging solvents. YMMV, Brad
Oh Yeah, no financial interest in Fast Orange, it just happened to work
and I am damn happy about it...................