Re: air compressor going to be OK?

To: "Michel R. Gagne" <mgagne@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: air compressor going to be OK?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:34:54 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgagne@unc.edu
Oil less have their place but not in a garage shop.
They make too much noise and do not last long.
I am sure there are those who have 111 years of non stop use with their oil less
compressors but on extended (blasting, DA ing, etc) oil less will wear out
quickly.
I use a small oil less portable for work (so I don't get oil on peoples rugs)
and
if it last 2 years, I'm happy.
An oil/water seperator is only about 30 buck (and up) and if you change the oil
annually on the compressor, it will last for decades.
I am very happy with my 30 gallon unit. I thought it died, but a quick weld to
the
top of the tank and it's good as new again 10 years later.
Not a corosion crack in the tank but a vibration crack.

My .02

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ