Re: Now Clams

To: David N Waldmann <david@vermonthardwoods.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now Clams
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:08:11 -0800 (PST)
Figures. That's all too often the case. The good
places to eat figure they can lure more folks if they
have a bigger fancier place. Generally, they have too
much overhead by then and people figure it's just
another chain...so...they pass it by.

Being from Maine...I've seen this happen too often.
Many times from some outsider buying out the current
owners with the idea of making it better. This usually
leads to the demise.

Dan Dwelley

--- David N Waldmann <david@vermonthardwoods.com>
wrote:
> Sorry, Mike, but El's is history.
>
> For those of you who don't know - they used to be a
> literal shack - probably
> 8' x 16' or so and run down looking as anything.
> Then maybe 15 years ago
> they built this big schmancy place like any other.
> As of last summer they're
> out of business completely.
>
> <dnw>
> 1972 Midget
> 1998 Safari
> 1999 9-3
> 1964 (Me)

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1