Flounderpalooza info

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flounderpalooza info
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:22:24 -0600
To all,

The Flounderpalooza episode of SOS (Save our Sprites...what do the Midget
guys call this?) will commence approximately at 9:00 AM Central Standard
Madison, WI time, Friday, the day afyer Thanksgiving.  It look as though
between 6 and 12 people will be in attendance at any given time. We will be
back at it Sat. AM.

The car is a MK III Sprite. I paid $400 for it many (maybe13, 14) years ago?
I got it running. it had a rattle can black paint job. Sears had a sale on
Michelins in 155SR-13 for $14.95 each, so I bought 5, and ran it in a club
autocross. It ran great, smoked a bit, and had a rod knock. With no sway
bar, it was a handful.

My brother and I decided to save this car, and I bought a ton of parts to
begin the restoration. We attacked it with the intention of doing it as best
as our abilities (at the time) and my wallet would allow. The end result was
a very fine paint job, with all steel patch panels mig welded in. Suspension
was rebuilt, and the car's a roller. The 1098 still sits in the garage. A
couple of other cars passed between my bother and I, and I ended up with a
freshly rebuilt 1967 1275 engine, with a Kent road cam, etc. it should make
a very nice street motor.

After the paint was rubbed out, the car has sat in various storage places
I've had over the years. All the SOS activity of Ron, Peter, Frank, Allen,
etc. provided me with the inspiration to get this thing done, and on the
road. Ironically, my Team Thicko racing activity may have provided some of
the inspiration for them too, (so, don't be surprised if when you tune in to
FlounderVision that we're all in touch with our feminine sides, sitting in a
circle, holding hands, singing Kum Bay Ya with tears in our eyes...)

So, tune in, enjoy the show. Thank you in advance to all those that are
helping (especially Peter C..."Peter the Parts Pimp", or TripleP). Also,
thans to those of you that have sent or are bringing food...I think (I've
been travelling on the road on business for 17 years, had food poisoning 4
times....)

WST
Flounder
Team Thicko