Re: took it for a drive

To: Andrew Weaks <awboat@intelos.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: took it for a drive
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:26:12 -0800
Andrew,

Sounds like you have multiple problems contributing to poor running.

Go to my web site http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm and go to the
Tech tips section. I have the complete DGV install directions there.  Get
you timing sorted out too.

As far as the leak, it sounds like either the sump gaskets weren't set
right or the rear seal (such as it is) wasn't set right. I have put
together several engines this year and all either do not leak from the rear
seal or have just a very, very tiny amount of seepage. You also need to
maintain you PCV connections to prevent internal pressure from assisting in
blowing oil out the rear seal. To fix the rear seal properly (if that's
your problem), you'll need to remove the engine.

Gerard

Can anybody shed some light on this? I do have someone helping me rebuild a
set of

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints