Tuniing the Weber

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuniing the Weber
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:56:09 -0500
The next thing I'm going to buy is full radius intake rams about 2-3/4 or 3"
long. Then I will try tuning the Weber all over again. I have the 45 DCOE
Weber( bought at the Sprite birthday party for $300) with manifold (5") and
K&N 4-1/4" air filter housing and steel ram pipes. It does not make sense to
me to buy a 40 DCOE, when I'm going to make more changes to the engine that
will probably use the 34 or 38 chokes. Maybe I'll buy a hotter cam to go with
my hotter engine that will rev much higher that my stock lower end. I think
that maybe I'll buy a Maniflow intake about 5" long( I think that will fit on
my Sprite with out modifying the inner fender) I believe that Vizard says a
5.5" or 6" is optimum. I think that the 45 DCOE Weber is an advantage over
1-1/4 SU's even if modified
Thanks for your suggestions!
RC