Re: Valve timing with alot of techo questions.

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve timing with alot of techo questions.
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 07:32:29 EST
In a message dated 11/24/2001 11:49:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:

> What is the common experience with these non copper head gaskets?

They are better, in my opinion.  The only leaking I have experienced with my
1500 was with a copper head gasket.  This is arguable, I am sure, but that is
just my experience with them.  The main thing is to be sure the head surface
is true and that you torque the head down properly in the proper sequence.
No gasket will work if the latter is not attended to.

--David C.