Re: Restoration shops - no LBC

To: bmantz@roanoke.infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoration shops - no LBC
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:43:52 EST
In a message dated 11/25/01 8:20:36 PM, bmantz@roanoke.infi.net writes:

<< One year and three months later I
retrieved it - with a hole in the boot and (-$6000) because it was still no
where close to shooting paint. >>

I can't say I disagree with your assessment here.  The shop you got hold of
must have been a real loser.  Thank God they aren't all like that.  Three
things I generally make sure of before going into a contract with one of
these guys.  First, that once a price is set, it doesn't go over that amount
without re-negotiation and reason for increase.  Second, that it has a finite
time promise that is realistic.  Third that final payment is due when the job
is completed.  Oh yes, and I pay attention to  the cleanliness of the office,
restrooms, services bays and yard.  I eliminated one vendor simply because
there were puddles in the yard where they washed cars.

After seeing your car and knowing that it has been in the shop for a year and
three months, all I can say is you are probably lucky to get anything back,
and if you haven't filed suit against them, you should.  Aren't there any
lawyers around to help Bill?  The bend under the license plate is rusting
out, and is nearly impossible to repair properly--Bondo won't do it.

Sorry for your bad luck, and hope you are able to get this settled at least
to your partial satisfaction.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)