Re: That Classic Look .....continued

To: dpickering@mail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: That Classic Look .....continued
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:13:53 EST
In a message dated 11/26/2001 11:11:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dpickering@mail.com writes:

> Add me to the list of those who would like to rid my Midget ('76) of those
> ugly rubber tumors.  As I am going to have them off to accomplish various
> body repairs this winter, I'd appreciate any feedback on what's required to
> change to a chrome bumper ( or even "nerf bar" style ) look for spring.

I plan to do the same thing.  I envision a tube grill looking great without
the rubber bumpers, plus a great loss of weight.  A good while back I posted
a question about availability of tube grills and someone suggested getting
the kit from Whitney that was made for a truck--should be enough material for
two Spridgets.  In my case, I think I will have to do some body work on the
panel below the grill since it is dinged up a bit, having been hidden behind
the bumper.  As far as the holes in the front where the pressent bumper
supports are located, I will reserve judgement on whether to fill them or
leave them on how they look with the bumper and supports off. Could be a
great source of extra air for keeping the engine cool if they are not too
unsightly.

--David C.