LA Ecco Babble

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LA Ecco Babble
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:47:23 -0800 (PST)
Robert Houston quipped:

"Just the normal left coast take to the max bs Larry.  Something about all
those people coming to a car show might pollute the area...or
something...they obviously never read the Nike ads that say "Just do it"

Robert,

You are not that far off.  Long time attendees of the LA Britmeet will
remember when we had the show in an out-of-the-way little corner of Woodley
Park behind the cricket pitches and cornfields. I liked it because we were
hidden from the general public and we could line up for a block on the
access road rather than bother the Van Nuys cops with traffic on Woodley
Blvd. About six years ago the State declared that area as an endangered
speces habitat for some rare butterfly that mates there in the spring. When
I asked about going back there in the fall, I was told NO, that is an
endangered species habatat!!! The oil and "automotive residue" might
disrupt mating in the spring!  And those folks don't even have any
preconceptions about British cars.

Cheers,

Rick