[no subject]

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:46:47 -0500 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id fATHlZ219236
I am new to the List and am eager to check out its power.  I am rebuilding a
1965 Sprite MK III with a 1098cc engine.  I have just put two new SU carbs on
the car.  After replacing the coil, the car starts fine.  It idles fine.  The
problem is it will not throttle up.  As I say, the carbs. are new.  The needles
are centered.  The piston moves easily.  The proper oil is in the dashpots.
The butterflies operate properly.  The choke operates properly.  Pushing the
gas pedal or pulling the linkage by hand makes no difference in rpms.  I have
checked for manifold leaks, gasket leaks, etc.  I am really at a loss as to why
the car will not throttle up.  These cars are fun to work on, but they are more
fun to drive.  I would appreciate some advice from you folks who know more
about this than me.  Let the power of the list begin.......

Thanks,

David

DLester@pwshift.com