Re:SU Carb problems

To: "" <dlester@pwshift.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:SU Carb problems
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:14:42 -0500
First, welcome to the list! You've come to the right place for all your
Spridget needs! ;-)

Now on to your problem.

I'm no SU expert, but here's a couple of things to check:

- You say the pistons move easily, but are they moving on they're own when
you move the throttle linkage? If not then you probably have some kind of
leak around the dashpots.

- You didn't mention the mixture. I had a similar but much less severe
problem on mine. Had it tuned by a brit mechanic and it was like a totally
different car. I just could not set the mixture right on my own. Maybe WAY
too lean?

- Some other partial obstruction in the fuel system. Clogged filter perhaps.
Even if you have a new filter, make sure your tank is clean or you can clog
them up quick.

Hope this helps. Hopefully some of the other, much more experienced listers
will chime in.

BTW, you didn't have a subject in your message. A lot of folks toss messages
without subjects, so you may miss out on reaching the best resources. I've
added a subject in my reply to try and grab the attention of those "in the
know".

Eddie
1971 Midget