Re: Ball Joint Boot Replace?

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ball Joint Boot Replace?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:44:03 -0500
Ok Guyz! The boots are off! I had to resort to smoke
and mirrors. The smoke is from the blue flame wrench,
weilded mightily, scorching the old, cracked ball-joint boots;
the mirror was used when I needed to examine an errant hammer
blow to me (biggest $%#@ ball-pein I have).

So, before I put on the new boots, what else is there to do?
Both joints move jes' fine, nice and smoothly. I smeared on
some all-purpose heavy grease and "forced" it down into the
socket and around the ball.  There was no retainer around the
wide end of the boot, as shown in Haynes. Do I need one?

thanks,

chuckC