Chuck made it to Cleveland!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Chuck made it to Cleveland!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:51:08 EST
Listers:

Chuck and the lust bus with trailer lumbered into the meeting spot in
Cleveland about 1 p.m.  Bob and his son, Greg, from Chicago, the Ebay Bugeye
delivery crew, were already there when I arrived, and we unloaded the Ebay
Bugeye and waited for Chuck's arrival.

After his arrival, looking over the Ebay Bugeye, telling stories, showing us
the tattoo Amy gave him, loading up the Bugeye, looking at Saab pictures,
etc., Bob and his son had to go.  We saw them off, then stood in a 36 degree
parking lot for another two hours talking, telling stories and looking over
Green Bugeye.  Larry, Chuck meant to call but he forgot to take your cell
phone number with him.

Both Chuck and Bob had mentioned that their wives were a bit wary of them
going so far to meet strangers they knew only from the Internet.  As usual,
being single, I had no hesitation whatsoever.  Also, I have developed a deep
faith in the general goodness of Spridget folk, a faith that was deepened
again today with our parking lot car swap.  This list is comprised of
fantastic folks who really are willing to assist whenever possible.  A slight
bit of friction was apparent when Bob noted that Chuck uses an actual wheel
chock and not a cat, as is customary for listers, but we decided that Chuck
rules anyway!

I took a bunch of pics of the happy event, including one of the world's
largest and third largest Sprite drivers together with the suspicious
purple-striped Ebay find.  Then it was 45 minutes back home in our balmy 36
degrees (with the top down).

I'll post the pics (well, maybe not the one of the tattoo) as soon as they're
developed!

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye