Re: Your New Bugeye!

To: GreenBugeye@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your New Bugeye!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:12:30 EST
In a message dated 12/19/01 5:04:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, GreenBugeye
writes:

<< I took a number of pics of your new Bugeye during the swap in Cleveland.
I'll send them along as soon as they're developed and scanned!  Looks to be a
VERY complete car for the price!  Congratulations!

Nice to hear. I actually need this project like a hole in the head. But I
felt that I was protecting the breed, in not allowing someone to snap up a
bugeye for $1675. Somehow at $1700 the price was right for me. The continuing
story that I got about the car, was that the woman who posted it on ebay, was
the seller's former live in friend, had bought the car a few years ago for
$3500, gave it to the seller to fix, they split up, he found a new
significant other, and now the car had to go.
I think the first girl friend may have had a purple streak in her hair and
the car kept reminding the new girl friend of her predecessor.
It was clear to me that they knew very little about the car, or really cared
at that point.

I am not one to name my cars. Makes you too sad when you have to eat them.
But I was bottom fishing and caught one. So maybe "Purple Striped Bottom Fish"

David Oliner
59 Purple Str..NAH
60 Bugeye
67 TR4A