the bugeye shuffle!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: the bugeye shuffle!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:05:16 -0500
left 6:30am...got home just before 10:30pm.  appx 12-13 hours driving time.
762 miles round trip.  i'm home and all's well with the "lust bus"(it told me
so!  lol!).   whew!  what a unusual day.   met a SCCA member / driver / corner
worker on the interstate and stopped to exchange plesantries at a rest stop on
my way to meet bob and his son ...and chris eck.  that put me about 30-45 min.
behind my projected arrival time.  but i found the place with no
trouble....and amazingly enough i found the 2 bugeyes in the kmart lot too!
it was far too short of a visit.  but with evrything exchanged and some great
b.s. i was on my way home by 3:30pm.  i had a great time with my new "retna
laser" head lights on my van.  i was getting high beamed by traffic from the
other side of the interstate!   i think i have achieved rally quality night
illumination for long distance driving.   and that's on low beam without my
driving lights!   visibility!   oh yes!   after a few exchanges of joyfull
banter on the cb radio it was easily explained away by the truckers as i had a
trailer hooked up and it wassquatting the rear of the van causing my low beams
to be rather high.   i did not want to burst their bubble.....but they are
that bright!  trailer might help a tiny bit but not that much.   ahhh the joy
of backing into your own driveway...and near falling out of your vehicle from
your legs being half numb.....home sweet home!

chuck.