Re: and garages (long and languid)

To: Roger Cotting <rbc43@home.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: and garages (long and languid)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:30:01 -0800
About the dream garage, all I can think of is comfort and convenience.
I know there was a thread, but I was busy then.

A concrete floor with a bit of piping laid there for an old water heater
to keep nice. Maybe a pit, but remember some flammables like to hide there.
Radiant heat above, just a bit, to reach out and touch someone.
Everything painted white and lotsa good lights. Seal the floor lite gray.
Plumbed for Air outlets, water bibs, electricity incl. 220.
A/C (if summer ever comes again) and air filtration.

Music system & intercom. Recorded messages that say "Oh how clever"
"Gee you do such nice work" and "that's gonna really go/look/feel nice"
A good old TV in case there's a race on - and a VCR to tape 'em.
A good old couch and recliner (with vibromassage) for rest periods.
A bathroom for the v.i.m.: very important mechanic. Okay - a bed, too.
All right: fridge and microwave.

Exhaust system for running a car plus for dirty work grinding,
so you plug in an elephant's trunk to a port along the wall to suck it away.
A wet & wash area with mess confinement to do parts. Doubles as small
paint booth. Sandblaster & bench grinders/polishers here too?

Voice-activated phone so you can call friends for advice while under the
car or - if it falls on you, call for help. A band-aid dispenser every few feet
along the wall. Tons of shelf space, parts boxes, labeling system.

The discipline and organization and patience required to keep all in order,
nothin stacked on the furniture, all parts labeled, sorted and clean. Eight
and nine-day weeks stocked up in case there is a gathering soon, so you
can always make it, no sweat.

How to tell your garage from your house: no ironing board.

I wonder if the guy that invented the self-cleaning kitty litter box ever
built himself a garage

Sound like a good start?

David McCartney
71 MGMidget