LBC Junkyard and Re: Merry Christmas

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC Junkyard and Re: Merry Christmas
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 10:42:59 -0800 (PST)
--- "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com> wrote:
> Soave and I are going to scrounge a few Brit salvage
> yards today. To get

Quite the experience - you had to be there.  The
proprietor is yet another great larger than life LBC
character met, sort of like if Keith Richards had been
born into the Healey family.  More parts than one
could inventory in a life time.  Hundreds of
thousands.  At least 1000 doors, complete.  MGA
bonnets piled 10 feet deep, 5 to 10 garbage bins full
of distributors, a barn full of crankshafts hanging
like bats from the rafters.  Typical conversation(s):

Ron:  "WOW! That MGA coupe looks like it could almost
be a driver!"
CM: "Yeah, coulda been, but I cut it in half."

Ron: "Wow! I counted 52 MGB transmissions in that
pile!"
CM: "Yeah, I crushed 900 good ones last week".

Peter: "What happened to that nice Mini you had?"
CM: "I crushed it."

...and so it went.

Have a safe and happy holiday, and peace to all.

=====
Ron Soave
Happy Holidays From Roscoe, IL
Pop. 4,128 ("Home of the 1981 Rope Jump Champions")