O-rings for dash gauges

To: healeys@autox.team.net, lotus-cars@autox.team.net, marcos@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, morgans@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: O-rings for dash gauges
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:39:58 -0500
If you are restoring your dash then please read on..............

I sourced o-rings for the gauges on pre-1977 MGBs.  So I now supply BOTH
the one that goes between gauge and dash, AND the one that goes between
glass and chrome bezel.  The latter is not available from Moss or Vic
Brit.  I have been asked to provide for other cars and thus I have decided
to go whole hog on the project.  So I am looking for anyone who can help.

I am appealing to the clubs who can help me lay my hands on gauges used in
the various vehicles.  If they can find some dud gauges, that are about to
be trashed, and send them to me I could use them to get made the right size
of o-ring.   This is a bit tricky as the wrong size can cause
problems.   If anyone has info on cross-use of gauges I would appreciate
the data.

I will return gauges if required complete with a set of o-rings free of
charge for the first person.   A set is usually $10 (two small, two large
for MGB).

I am in Barrie, (yes! the named the city after me) which is about an hour
north of Toronto.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net