Clutch again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch again
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:37:15 -0000
Come on, more help needed!
I am making progress with my 5 speed, and have the clutch cover and
clutch release bearing matched up properly.  The release bearing has
plenty of clearance to pull back well clear of the clutch cover.

First question: What actually pulls the release bearing back, or does
it always run lightly on the clutch cover?

Second question: what limits how far forward the release bearing moves
when you put your foot on the clutch pedal?
I am worried about there being too much travel, and damaging the
clutch springs.

Guy