merry christmas? lol!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: merry christmas? lol!
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:38:19 -0500
ok cats and kittens!
all was going fine here untill i asked the "lust bus" to fire up to pick up
my elderly aunt.  turned the key and "click"  "click"  "click"   "dead
silence"!
after sharing a few expletives with my small but understanding  automotive
comunity.....i dug out the industrial strength charger and zapped the truck
to life!  the darn amp gauge is reading funny.  me thinks it's time for an
alternator rebuild.  at high rpm it reads like it always does and at lower
rpm it reads half what it regularly reads.  i serviced the cables and
terminals.  tightened the alt belt.  and same readings.  so now i have a
volvo loaded on my trailer and leaving for asheville n.c. around 8am.   i
have a new diode trio and 2 used internal regulators, a brush holder and all
tools for an alternator ectomy "if i have to".  the only item i do not have
is a good used or new bridge (the other set of diodes in a gm alternator.).
i just put brushes in the alternator 3-4 months ago and replaced the top
adjuster bolt with a stainless steel one so i do not have to deal with a
siezed or broken adjuster bolt.   but crud!  of all the days to do something
annoying!   my tRUSTY steed lets me down.   any way i'm loading my family in
the lust bus in the morning and drop the trailer on the hitch and roll
south.  another delivery to do!
my son is running his "hogwart's express" under the tree (a down size set up
from last year's lionel experience).  my wife is content with her holiday
experience....so far.  and for me?  i got this year's "harley davidson HO
gauge train set from my family!  (it beats new socks!).    i'm still
interested in vintage HO gauge trains if anyone out there has any that are
no longer being apreciated please contact me  (bits, pieces, broken or
complete..ok?)
merry christmas to all and i'll catch up with evrything some time around
friday evening or saturday some time after we return from north carolina.

chuck.
on the move again!!!