Trip to London, whatever happened to Daniel?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Trip to London, whatever happened to Daniel?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:50:13 EST
List
While the purple streaked bugeye was being transferred in Ohio, I was getting
on a plane to London.
There were tentative plans to meet Daniel in Coventry and go to a car museum.
(This visit was motivated in part to conclude an overly involved trade of
sockets for water pump pulleys.) I did not have the time and emailed Daniel
form my hotel that I had sent him the sockets by mail. I haven't gotten a
return email stating that he received them, but as far as I know, he is up
and about. I think he is still game to going to the car museum. He may be off
list, but he was responding to my direct emails.
Cultured as we are, we went to the British Musuem and in addition to seeing
the Rosetta Stone (which has the original Lucas Fault Manual in three ancient
languages), the new reading room and roof built over in the courtyard is
definitely worth the trip. Amazing piece of architecture.
OK if you are still hung up on LBCs, just peer into the interior of a new
Mini. Nice, with a German (BMW) feel. Although I would still take an original
over the new retro look Mini.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A