- Minivans - Spridget Parts Haulers

To: "'Steven Fooshee'" <sfooshee@clubrx.org>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: - Minivans - Spridget Parts Haulers
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:44:32 -0600
Hey all,

I'm new to the list, once had a '67 Sprite I was forced to sell, but now
have a '74 Midget, which I've had for the past 11 years, this one's a
keeper!!  On the mini-van issue, they seem to be a necessary evil with kids.
We got a Mitsubishi Expo, and it has been wonderful.  It has the same
suspension as the little Mitsubishi sports cars, and the same engine, and
yes, it can be turbo-charged easily with factory parts (though we haven't
done so).  Ours is the AWD version, it handles amazingly well considering
what it is, rides well, and has been extremely reliable in the past 160,000
miles (we drive cross-country a lot).  Just a data point that may be useful.

Bob Mueller
'74 MG Midget
'90 Porsche 944S2 Cab
'94 Mitsubishi Expo AWD

"Kansa, Robert" wrote:

> UGH..
>   my Ego is about to take a death blow. it looks like in a couple months
or so. Southwind Racing is going to have to start looking at Mini Vans..
> The kids are growing and the doctors say we cannot amputate them just to
fit them into our present modes of commuting.