possible Viris not LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: possible Viris not LBC
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:57:39 -0600
Hello to everyone I just received this from a FRIEND.

This is a virus that is spread from address book to address book. It is
apparently undetectable by Norton and McAfee. It remains
dormant for about 14 days then activates and wipes out the hard drive
data. The directions for removing it are easy.

1. Go to 'start' - then to 'find or search'(depending on your computer)

2. In the 'search for files or folders' type in sulfnbk.exe (this is the
virus).

3. In the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C.

4. Hit 'search' button (or find)

5. If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the
name 'sulfnbk.exe') DO NOT OPEN IT!!!

6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click.

7. I will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.

8. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double click on the
recycle bin.

9. Right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again - or empty the bin.

10. If you found this virus, send this email to all in your address
book, because that's how it's transferred.