I wouldn't have thought of that

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: I wouldn't have thought of that
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:51:20 EST
Ed said I should ask if you have a Work Shop Manual, Mark??

Suzie
'65 Sprite (Petunia)

I do have a workshop manual, I have the Official one, Jim Tyler's excellent
restoration guide, and Daniel Stapleton's invaluable hop-up bible, but they
address the internal processes of the car itself in more detail than those of
the minds of the MG engineering department.  My manual tends to tell me how
to remove, replace and inspect something like the cable, not what possessed
anyone to throw it on there in the first place.  I suppose I could just stick
to the job at hand but if this car didn't fascinate me it would get old fast.

Just in case you care I spent a couple hours moving EVERYTHING in my garage
into the optimal position and have the midget, volvo and accord all under
cover for the winter!  (margin for error = very small, park outside unless
feeling very accurate!)