Re: economy, + Guns WAS: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: economy, + Guns WAS: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:52:45 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01/02/2002 10:07:16 AM Mountain Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

> They have no real intention of passing it, or know it will die in committee
> and then they appear responsive and sympathetic to car enthusiasts.
>
> jay f

Are you trying to say they would attempt to manipulate the public?
Unbelievable!

And the IRS is only there to help you.

As an aside...Gun stuff now....
I visited one of my favorite gun shops (plus army surplus and rattlesnakes)
just outside Alamogordo NM before Christmas and it was no loger a gun shop.

The owner is in jail for 3+ years and the fellow running it was going on
about how the BATF had wasted hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars with
160 plus agents and tow helicopters they used to arrest the fellow there at
the gun shop.
(sound like Waco?)

I'm not really sympathetic to the doofus gun shop owner as the fellow there
said "and all he  did was sell a machine gun to a fellow without registering
it and paying the $250 fee!"

Dooh!...aside from the question of whether anyone really needs a machine gun,
how stupid is it to taunt the the BATF over $250.  I'm sure the anti-gunners
will use an instance like this to further their cause (disarming America).

I have been tempted to get a FFL (Federal Firearms Liscense) a few times to
save money on gun purchases I make, but I am told by almost everyone with any
experience in it that complying with the BATF regulations, and putting up
with what amounts to harrassment makes it not worth the problem.

Just filling bandwidth...

Robert B. Houston