Re: classic/collector insurance

To: BCAH@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: classic/collector insurance
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:10:41 EST
In a message dated 1/3/02 2:38:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, BCAH@aol.com
writes:

> When I finally got to talking with a rep, all
> kinds of restrictions came out. I was told ,by the ones everyone is
> mentioning, that I could not take the Bugeye to work, or the store, or the
> mall ,and leave it in the parking lot unattended. Did I talk to the wrong
> people or are you guys not reading the fine print?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Most collector car insurance is cheap because of the restrictions.  There is
less possibility that the car will be damaged.  Read the fine print.  If you
can't live with the restrictions, get a regular insurance policy.  State Farm
has pretty good rates for cars over 25 years old, with all the same coverage
as a regular policy.  make sure you ask about the difference between a STATED
value for the car and an AGREED value for the car, and back up your value
with an appraisal from an authority on collector cars, and a pile of
classified ads for the same year and make car.

Hagerty is a little less restrictive than the others that I saw when I did my
research, but keep in mind that you will NEVER put one over on an insurance
company.  They have seen it all.  Make your mind up to pay for the coverage
you need.  Also, get to know your insurance agent.  He/she can be a valuable
asset when looking for coverage.

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286