Fw: Rear Brake Adjustment Question

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Rear Brake Adjustment Question
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:57:20 -0500
 After messing with the position of the shoes
 (new units or just having moved them)
 ...yes....crank it down till it's tight.
 It'll help center them. Then back them off a bit
 The hydraulics should only need to move
 the shoe about 1/16" to have decent brake
 contact.
 A little 'rubbing' noise is not a problem

 After a short drive...maybe 20-50 miles, you'll
 probably be able give the adjusters one more 900
 position tighter.

 If the adjuster cable is at the end of it's threads,,,
 yep.. the cable is probably a bit stretched.
 either a new cable is in order, or use one of those
 aftermarket 'y' adapters designed to 'shorten the cable.
 It's a tight fit but it'll work.

 Sometimes just cleaning up and tightening up the
 axle mounted swivel assy (holding the solid rods
 that go to the wheels) will give you a bit of useable
 length.

 Paul Tegler
 wizardz@toad.net
 www.teglerizer.com