Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--Stalling DVAG

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--Stalling DVAG
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:45:06 -0600 (CST)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
The linkage modification job that David describes can be avoided by
getting the whole shebang from a breaker's yard in England, where it
was the stock set-up for the 1500.

You can get carbs (with the correct springs and needles), linkages and
manifolds, making it as close to a "bolt it on and run it"
installation as possible.  (You may need to put a gasket kit in the
carbs, and you still have to deal with the clearance issue between the
rear float bowl and the passenger footwell.)

Andy Jennings (andy@apjennings.fsnet.co.uk) is selling the complete
set-up for #35.00 (or was the last I looked), which works out to about
$50 US.  Even figuring in the shipping, you're still paying about the
same as any vendor in the US is going to charge for the manifold
alone.

No financial interest, just someone who's very pleased with a simple
to install, minimal headscratching required, HS4 conversion.

> In a message dated 1/10/02 5:55:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> nateley@email.msn.com writes:
>

> > You can get the Dual HS4 manifold from Team Triumph:
> > http://www.teamtriumph.com/
> > Some BFH mods required on the inner fender to fit the setup but
the
> > performance improvments were worth the hassle.
> >

> I am preparing a Spit manifold and carbs to put the dual HS4 carbs
onto my
> 1500.  If you use the HS4s off a "B" engine you will have to shorten
the rods
> between the two carbs that your accelerator and choke linkages
attach to, as
> the carbs sit further apart on the "B" than they do on the Spitfire.
My HS4s