RE: Weird Carb Problem - mostly solved!!

To: "'Brad Fornal'" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: RE: Weird Carb Problem - mostly solved!!
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:54:04 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I did have the bonnet off when I was calibrating the needle - wife
thought I was crazy driving around without the bonnet, making her watch the
calibrated pencil stuck in the dashpot while I watched the tach and the
mixture gizmo.....I told her it was better than driving over the mountains
of Idaho, at night, in the rain, with her big time pregnant.....at least she
does laugh a little when I mention that, but it's not a funny laugh!
Sometimes I think she enjoys me enjoying the Midget...

Then there was the time I tried to teach her to drive a stick in my old MGB!
Said MGB was quite the rust-bucket that looked OK from the outside, but was
rotten to the core - like don't open both doors at the same time or they
will be tough to close.  Anyway, we were newly married and I thought it
would be good to teach her how to drive a stick, that way she could drive
either the MGB or the TR-250.  We go out to an empty parking lot, first
couple of shifts are fine, then we stop and she attempts to start out again,
but promptly strips out the splines on one of the wire wheels.  The wheels
were in about the same condition as the car, and I explained it wasn't her
fault, the wheel was just about shot anyway, but she was horrified.  I take
over and we limp home, but to this day (12 years later), she won't get in
the driver's seat of any stick shift.  I guess it worked out OK, I only have
to fix the things that I break!

Coastie Bob
'74 MG Midget
'90 944S2