Was: Weekend adventure Now: Car Advice

To: Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Was: Weekend adventure Now: Car Advice
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:28:56 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Adrian Barnes wrote:

> What?!?  Me with a 1275 Midget?!?

It was bound to happen, it is known in most circles as "upgrading"!! <G>
Speaking of cars, I just got back from looking at a car myself. Not British,
but it's cheap. It is a 86 Buick Park Avenue with 186,000 on the clock. The
tranny has been rebuilt, the starter and alternator are new, the air
conditioning has been just redone this summer. It has a nice (cheap from the
looks of the orange peel on the boot, I mean trunk since it is American) recent
paint job. The whole front suspension was redone. The guys daughter was driving
it to school but had problems with it dying on her. Dad had driven it but it
only died on him once. The motor uses a quart every 1500 miles (being a
Spridget owner, I am surprised at such a slow leak) The tranny is driven by a
chain that is similar to a
timing chain from the crank to the input shaft. The chain is slipping under
heavy acceleration, if you go easy on it, you can't tell there is a problem. I
hear that the replacement part is around $100 but the installation is the
costly part. I think I could do it myself. It has a 3.8 V6 that runs smoothly
and the car handles well, the cruise control and all other electrical gee gaws
work. It even has a new Jensen (Brit?) Am-Fm Cassette player in it. Leather
interior, but the front seats are starting to crack. So my question is, is it
Anyone with any personal advice on these cars and or engines please talk to me.
I want to be sure I am making a good move here.
TIA, Brad