cam timing- question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: cam timing- question
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:37:50 -0800
After carefully measuring and re-measuring, I've determined that my cam is
off by 2 crank degrees retarded.  Since the offset keys are used to move the
cam, should I use a 1 deg. key to shift the cam since the cam moves 1 degree
for eack 2 crank degrees?

Or would it be better to go with a 2 degree offset key and dial in a bit of
advance on the cam while I'm at it?  Currently the motor is great at the top
end and weak at the bottom.  A bit more low range torque at the expense of
high end performance would not be a problem in my eyes.

Motor specs:
1275, ported head, old fashioned "3/4 race" Isky cam, NOT high-lift,
turbocharger.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye