Fw: Sta-bil

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Sta-bil
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:16:43 -0500
I use that or other gas stabilizer products each year when I put my boat up
for winter. It is supposed to keep the gas from turning to varnish. You
would probably being doing yourself a favor to drain the tank and see if
there is much rust involved. The fuel conditioners usually don't have a
water problem solution in their mix. If there was any water prior to the PO
adding the conditioner, you will probably have some rust from sitting. You
might want to put a fuel filter in-line between the tank and the fuel pump.
After you add fresh gas you will also want to just pump some through the
system before routing it to the carbs.

My .02
Kent
1989 Baha 280 XLE with twin fuel tanks

Subject: Sta-bil

> One thing I'll have to figure out before getting the '71 started is what
to do about the fuel tank.  The PO said he treated it with Sta-bil before
parking.  Do I just add fresh gas and go, or is there something else
required?  It was parked in about '97 and kept garaged.  Theoretically, this
could work out much nicer than having to steam the tank.  Thanks!

> On an interesting note, an integral part of the Continental Package
includes extended license plate lamps all the way out along with the
bumpers.  I wonder if all that could be considered a "crumple zone" in the
event of a rearend collision?