New Parts Cleaner For Y'all

To: "Red Midget" <redmidget72@yahoo.com>
Subject: New Parts Cleaner For Y'all
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:43:05 -0500 FILETIME=[547FB610:01C1A09D]
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I just thought I'd let y'all know that I got some sodium hydroxide (lye),
which is what they use to strip grease, rust, paint, and everything else
from parts in those hot tanks at Redi-Strip, and experimented with it this
past week.  It works GREAT!!!!!  I mixed it in a ratio of 1 lb. to 1 gal. of
water, put my dirtiest, rustiest parts in it, and let it sit outside in a
big Tupperware container for about 4 or 5 days without heating the mixture.
(The temp. here has been around 40 to 50 degrees.)  The parts now look like
new!  Any paint that was still on the parts wiped off with a rag after
rinsing the lye off.
    You can get the sodium hydroxide from any industrial chemical supply
place for about $35 for 55 lbs, which is enough to fill a 55 gal.
drum......duh!  You have to be careful with this stuff, of course, and use
some common sense, but it sure makes life simpler!

Regards,
Bob